Re: The state of PG replication in 2008/Q2?

From: Mathias Stjernström <mathias(at)globalinn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The state of PG replication in 2008/Q2?
Date: 2008-08-22 06:29:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Yup, but sometimes you are not in charge of the DDL changes. You may
have many different users that make changes or for example if you are
working with Ruby On Rails you have something thats called Migrations
that handles all DDL changes in those situations it can get really
complicated with those slony scripts. My experience is that automatic
handling of DDL changes is a very important feature of a replication
system of curse not in all systems but in many.

I am also very interested in the WAL replication that David Lang asked
about.

Best regards,
Mathias Stjernström

http://www.pastbedti.me/