Re: configure and DocBook XML

From: Paul Förster <paul(dot)foerster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure and DocBook XML
Date: 2020-11-27 17:50:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom,

> On 27. Nov, 2020, at 16:29, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> To me, it makes sense to have an option to do that, but I do find it
> surprising that it's the default.

ok, last question: is there an option for configure to not check for DocBook? It's not installed and PostgreSQL doesn't need it to compile and run just fine.

As I said, it's not an annoyance or something as I only need to build new binaries after the versions (major and minor) are released, which is not often enough to call it an annoyance. :-) I just would like to switch it off if possible, but it's ok if it's not.

Cheers,
Paul