RE: GIS-type databases using PostgreSQL

From: Franck Martin <Franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
To: "'Peter T Mount'" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: "'ken(at)mort(dot)net'" <ken(at)mort(dot)net>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: GIS-type databases using PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-02-06 23:26:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

The standard is a little bit more than a new PG type. It includes tables
containing metadata features, datums,...

As for the new type, it is displayed in ASCII so all usual programs should
handle it...

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(at)sopac(dot)org <mailto:franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.