installation

From: "Gianmarco Piola" <gianco99(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installation
Date: 2002-04-12 22:45:34
Lists: pgsql-docs

I want to report a problem...
... i am a newbie with Linux system and i barely know his structure.
I installed Linux Red Hat and during the installation i choose to install
php and pgsql. After some initial problem to discover the directory where
the pgsql was installed all worked well but then i discovered that the
version was 7.0. I then decided to upgrade but how? I downloaded the new
file but the documentation on how to remove the old version (it is splitted
in more then one dir) and to install the new is poor. And also there is no
mention if i must do something with php for the pgsql 7.2 because my version
is compiled for 7.0.
If you can reply please tell me where to find this info or who can i
contact.

P.S.:sorry for the bed english.