Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: "Li, Yong" <yoli(at)ebay(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Shyrabokau, Anton" <antons(at)ebay(dot)com>, "Debnath, Shawn" <sdn(at)ebay(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages
Date: 2023-12-07 10:19:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Yong!

+1 to the idea to protect SLRUs from corruption. I'm slightly leaning towards the idea of separating checksums from data pages, but anyway this checksums are better than no checksums.

> On 7 Dec 2023, at 10:06, Li, Yong <yoli(at)ebay(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I am still working on patching the pg_upgrade. Just love to hear your thoughts on the idea and the current patch.

FWIW you can take upgrade code from this patch [0] doing all the same stuff :)

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/B8F85F94-ECB0-484E-96B8-21D928C8E711@yandex-team.ru