RE: [INTERFACES] {OT} interface to MSsql server

From: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>, Antonio Mendez <antonio(at)unbol(dot)bo>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] {OT} interface to MSsql server
Date: 1999-01-14 15:51:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm almost certain the MSSQL 6.5 was a port of Sybase 9.* or 10.*
And the Sybase drivers will connect with it.

> Search for sometihing called cbt (I think there is/was even a project
> to develop free sybase client libs for linux)
Sybase has released its 11.5 server as freeware for linux. I've only
found it in RPM form but the libs are in there.
Should be on the Sybase site (http://www.sybase.com/) or RedHat site
(http://www.redhat.com/) somewhere.

> Your other alternative is to try running DOS clients (if there are
> such) inside DOSEMU on linux and create an interface for them.
> Probably not very effective nor easy.
>
> Or just write to Microsoft and demand client libraries for Linux ;)
Heh, that's funny.

> Or perhaps they have client libs or command line client for SCO or
> Unixware or Solaris that would run with IBCS.
Well, I'd be done seen about everything when I see an elephant fly.

> Hannu Krosing
-DEJ