Location of pgpass.conf File

From: "Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen(at)esncc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Location of pgpass.conf File
Date: 2005-08-30 23:51:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Can somebody tell me (on Windows 2003) where the 'application subdirectory
in the user's profile' is? I want to set up a pgpass.conf file. Nothing has
worked so far. I am on version 8.0.0.

---------------------- from the PostgreSQL

The file .pgpass in a user's home directory is a file that can contain
passwords to be used if the connection requires a password (and no password
has been specified otherwise). On Microsoft Windows the file is named
%APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf (where %APPDATA% refers to the Application
Data subdirectory in the user's profile).