Re: Why Doesn't SQL This Expression Work?

From: "Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen(at)esncc(dot)com>
To: "Dmitri Bichko" <dbichko(at)aveopharma(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why Doesn't SQL This Expression Work?
Date: 2005-08-22 20:51:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks again, Dmitri. I put a round() function around it, and got exactly
what I was looking for. Tried a cast earlier, but put it in the wrong place!
:-( Just noted that the manual (version 8.0, section 9.3) warns about
integer arithmetic and truncation of results, but fortunately there is a way
around it! Thanks again ....