How to Log SELECT Statements Having Errors

From: "Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen(at)esncc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to Log SELECT Statements Having Errors
Date: 2005-11-15 01:17:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

We are putting a new application on PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (Windows 2003);
we are coming off of MySQL, and are having a hard time finding all of
the offending SQL calls.

It would help a great deal if I could log the content of any SQL calls
that fail. Am only interested in SELECT statements.

Noticed the following:
(1) The PostgreSQL manual says that config parm 'log_statement' does
not appear to handle SELECT statements; true?

(2) Noticed that config parm 'log_min_error_statement' might do it, but
not sure what each of the DEBUG* and other parameters will buy me
vs ERROR. I want any statement issued by a client that cannot be executed
due to an SQL error of any kind.

Can someone advise on this ?