RE: ODBC include files

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: ODBC include files
Date: 2001-08-24 16:40:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Oh I see. Hmm for what are these files installed ? Direct call for
psqlodbc driver ? Is it really needed ?

> So if you
> blindly do -I/usr/local/pgsql/include and #include "iodbc/isqlext.h" you
> won't find isql.h (or worse, the wrong one). I think this is the remnant
> of an improper import of the odbc driver into out our source tree way back
> when.
>
> > > Is there something that might need updating here? If I were
> to write an
> > > ODBC application, which package's files should I include?
> >
> > IMHO you should include iodbc package's files.
>
> Perhaps we should not install ours at all in that case?

Yes I think so. Driver manager isn't only for PostgreSQL.

> The iodbc ones
> seem better maintained and you need to have iodbc anyway.

I'm happy if someone(you ?) maintains psqlodbc on unix.
I got few replies from PG community about psqlodbc on unix.
I've been wondering how many people are using psqlodbc
driver on unix in reality. Switching to unixODBC is worth
considering as an alternative.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue