Data Truncation Errors

From: "Marc Zandvliet" <marc(at)auroraworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data Truncation Errors
Date: 2001-06-18 21:29:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

My application is experiencing "random" errors. At least I haven't found any
rhyme or reason for the errors.

I'm accessing a 7.1 database through ASP pages. On one table if I try to
insert strings that contain newline chars (ie. press return during text
input) I get truncated data errors. However on another table, the data is
accepted without any problem and subsequently displays (newlines removed).

I should indicate that the fields in question are both varchar (does it
matter?)

Is this even an odbc problem? I don't seem to have any problem using
pgAccess or pgsql. I'm quite concerned because I won't be the only person
entering data.

Hope someone can provide some insight and/or point me in the right
direction.

thanks,

Marc