(No Subject)

From: "Oakley " <oakerz(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: (No Subject)
Date: 2000-06-28 13:17:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Being new to the databasing world, I have did quite a bit of research on the different ones available and decided to go with Postgres. I am
working on a system that has to have 3rd level
normalization.. As one might be able to tell since I am emailing all of you for your help, I
am having a problem... I cant get it to log
anything other than when the DB comes up, or
goes down...

When I did the configure, I did it with
--enable-syslog and with the --without-CXX
options. I read the online docs and created a
file in the /usr/local/pgsql/data directory
called postgresql.conf, and put in the options
I wanted, those being:

# --------
syslog = 2
debug_level = 2
log_connections = yes
log_timestamp = yes
port = 5432

As you might be able to tell from the options
above, I am wanting to keep track of connections
and the time that people connect up to the DB
and what they execute, etc...

Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate it!

Mike