net start postmaster failes because: System error 1069 has occurr ed. The service did not start due to a logon failure.

From: Paul Meisenheimer <Paul(dot)Meisenheimer(at)digeo(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Paul Meisenheimer <Paul(dot)Meisenheimer(at)digeo(dot)com>
Subject: net start postmaster failes because: System error 1069 has occurr ed. The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Date: 2002-04-02 19:33:15
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I inherited a PC (running Windows 2000 professional) which at one time was
running PostgreSQL.

I reinstalled cygwin (1.3.10) and cygipc (1.10.1) and tried to get
PostgreSQL running again.

From a bash shell I can start the cygipc ipc-daemon:

$ net start ipc-daemon
The Cygwin IPC Daemon service is starting.
The Cygwin IPC Daemon service was started successfully.

But I can't start the PostgreSQL server:

$ net start postmaster
System error 1069 has occurred.

The service did not start due to a logon failure.

How do I fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Paul Meisenheimer