fuzzystrmatch patch Alphagram based fuzzy string matching

From: Ian Small <ians(at)OMNIconnect(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "mail(at)joeconway(dot)com" <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Subject: fuzzystrmatch patch Alphagram based fuzzy string matching
Date: 2009-10-03 14:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Joseph and pgsql-hackers,

OMNIconnect has been experimenting with your
contrib/fuzzystrmatch software

It is very interesting and powerful. Thanks.

We have come up with some ideas of our own and want contribute them to the Postgresql contribs tree

OMNIconnects idea is another way to do fuzzy str matching,
using alpha grams (Like anagrams but letters are listed alphabetically).

May be OMNIconnects idea could be included in the fuzzystrmatch contrib tree

Regards
Ian

Attachment Content-Type Size
OMNIconnect_alphagram.tgz application/octet-stream 142.1 KB