Re: FPW compression leaks information

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FPW compression leaks information
Date: 2015-04-10 02:17:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Apr 9, 2015, at 8:51 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> wrote:
> What should we do about this?

I bet that there are at least 1000 covert channel attacks that are more practically exploitable than this. When this is anywhere near the top of the list of things to worry about, I recommend we throw a huge party and then fly home in our faster-than-light starships which, by then, will probably be available at Walmart.

...Robert