RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserve shared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)

From: "Takahashi, Ryohei" <r(dot)takahashi_2(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Robert Haas' <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserve shared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)
Date: 2018-11-26 05:10:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

> You might be right, but maybe we should first try to understand why
> this is happening so frequently. Maybe it's not that normal.

I found past threads [1] and [2].

In thread [1], the error is mentioned as an ASLR problem.
In thread [2], the patch is provided which retries pgwin32_ReserveSharedMemoryRegion() to resolve the ASLR problem.

Therefore, I think our community regard that the error is an ASLR problem and is already resolved by the patch.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACmJi2JyDLMtxE3i_Krp%3DhrK4KKZ%3DD83s6eMw9q%3DHeM_srQdXg%40mail.gmail.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAA4eK1%2BR6hSx6t_yvwtx%2BNRzneVp%2BMRqXAdGJZChcau8Uij-8g%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi