Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: David Ondrejik <david(dot)ondrejik(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-14 15:46:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:28 AM, David Ondrejik wrote:

> So there is some trail to track back to the original user.

Yes, but once he has root shell, the trail ends there, and impersonation of anyone is once again trivial. Also, sudo su root, does work on some unices, and the option you don't want to advertise is, in my opinion, trivially obvious--but I'll respect the idea and not advertise it.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com