Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft

From: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>
Cc: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft
Date: 2009-11-20 14:40:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 20, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

> When does the reference held by desc.reference get freed?
> At the moment it looks like this would leak memory for each DO.

Isn't it also the case with the existing plperl code ? I've noticed that free(prodesc) is called when it's no longer used (i.e. in plperl_compile_callback:1636), but refcount of desc->reference is never decremented.

--
Alexey Klyukin http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc