Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?

From: Andy Ballingall <andy(at)areyoulocal(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Andreas Kretschmer'" <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to redirect an update/insert/delete to a different table?
Date: 2005-11-20 17:15:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

>Try it. [snipped example]

Ah. Basically, you set up the rule to assign every column, and if the update
doesn't redefine some columns, then it still works. I didn't understand that
you could get the rule to work generically like this.

I'll presume that the rule will need amending if the table column definition
later changes. (E.g. if I add 'stalk_length' to my apples and pears
tables)...

Thanks very much for your help.

Andy