Re: FTI contrib

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FTI contrib
Date: 2001-09-07 02:16:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, the FTI code that was committed works perfectly - it compiles fine
against 7.0.3 and 7.1.2 and is in use indexing 2 columns in 20000 row tables
in two production and one test servers.

The updated fti.pl we submitted still uses the PGConnect style functions,
rather than the PG::Connect style functions. However, I don't know why
there is this different in Pg.pm???

My issue with accessing args was that the docs on writing functions and
triggers were a bit confusing. I got the impression that one had to access
the trigger args via GETARG macros - but it turns out that is not the case.

Still, someone may wish to review the fti code, and check our optimizations.
Plus, since it's is 100% backwards compatible with the version in 7.1.2, you
might want to back port it to the 7.1.* branch?

Cheers,

Chris