|From:||Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>|
|Subject:||WAL-G v0.2 released|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
The WAL-G team are pleased to announce WAL-G v0.2 
WAL-G is an archival restoration tool for PostgreSQL.
WAL-G is the successor of WAL-E with a number of key differences. WAL-G uses efficient compression and utilizes multiple processors for backup, restore and WAL archive operations.
WAL-G supports block-level delta backups useful for cloud installations.
Notable changes in this release include:
* Support of brotli compression (additionaly to lz4 and lzma).
* WAL-delta backups (a.k.a. fast block-level incremental backup). This feature enables scanning of WAL during archivation, the gathered information is used to make delta backup much faster.
* PGP encryption without external GPG.
* Prefault of database pages during restoration. When standby is requesting new segments of WAL we know which blocks need to be put into page cache and try to prefetch them to make WAL replay faster.
* Support of S3, GCS, SWIFT, FS and Azure storages.
Many thanks to those who contributed by pull requests, bug reports, issue discussions, and feature requests!
WAL-G releases can be found at 
Best regards, Andrey Borodin.
|Next Message||Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum||2019-04-24 10:25:08||PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2019 - Call for Papers and Call for Sponsorships|
|Previous Message||David Fetter||2019-04-21 23:27:22||== PostgreSQL Weekly News - April 21, 2019 ==|