Version 1.2.0 experiences

From: "Vanole, Mike" <Mike(dot)Vanole(at)cingular(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Version 1.2.0 experiences
Date: 2005-01-21 13:48:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

This is my first post to this group (fourth attempt) - sorry if this
post has already made your inboxes.

First, I love the pgadmin3 tools. Thank you!

I just installed pgadmin3 version 1.2.0 on Windows XP. I downloaded the
binary.

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.4

1) I started pgadmin3 1.2.0 on my XP system and started a vacuum full
verbose. I was remote over VPN. The system was not completely quiet as
there were a couple of inserts running. My VPN disconnected and I found
Postgres had crashed. I can only assume the sudden termination of the
vacuum left the system is a funny state. I could not get postgres
started again without running pg_resetxlog. Maybe this is a Postgres
issue and not pgadmin but I wanted to share this in case there is a
relationship here that needed to be investigated. I no longer have the
log from the vacuum output.

2) after getting the database recovered I proceeded to run a pg_dump
from the Solaris client. I then started pgadmin to see the Server Status
> Lock information (5 second refresh). The Lock screen hung, and the
scroll bar started moving downward slowly until the system ran out of
memory and the blue screen of death appeared. The message on the blue
screen stated that a device driver went into an infinite loop.
Let me know if I can provide anything to help dig into this just short
of trying to recreate it.

Mike