problem with pgAdmin 4 on Windows

From: "Harasty, Daniel J" <dharasty(at)appcomsci(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with pgAdmin 4 on Windows
Date: 2016-11-30 15:10:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings,

I'm trying to install pgAdmin 4 on my Windows laptop (without installing the full version of PostgreSQL) so that I can admin my 9.3 server on a nearby Ubuntu box.

The download of version 1.1 and install seemed to work fine. However, upon launching, I get stuck in a loop of where the app states:

Failed to connect to the pgAdmin application server. Retrying in 3 seconds, or click here<http://localhost:55208/> to try again now.

If I click the "here" link, I get a SMALL portion of some GUI rendered (just some tabs and a close box), but nothing to do there.

First: is this a supported configuration: pgAdmin4 running on a box WITHOUT the server installed? If so... what can I do next to get this working? Thanks.

Dan