ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE

From: Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE
Date: 2010-05-18 22:26:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi,

i mistakenly had posted this to pgsql-bugs already and got a response
(see below - edited). i'm posting here since afaik it is the way i
should be requesting new features. my suggestion is to add a
DATESTYLE format to match the format specified for date time strings
in ecmascript 5.

the following is from the ecmascript 5 specification at http://www.ecmascript.org/docs/tc39-2009-043.pdf
page 168:

> 15.9.1.15 Date Time String Format
> ECMAScript defines a string interchange format for date-times based
> upon a simplification of the ISO 8601
> Extended Format. The format is as follows: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.sssZ

ecmascript 5 is the most recent specification for JavaScript and i
would think that having a DATESTYLE format to simplify
interoperability with JavaScript applications would be highly desirable.

thanks,

ben...