Re: effectiveness tool

From: "Stefano Buliani" <stefano(at)covestor(dot)com>
To: "Judith Altamirano" <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: effectiveness tool
Date: 2008-10-15 07:40:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Your best bet is probably EXPLAIN ANALYZE. This should give you a better
idea of where the inefficiencies are in your queries. The only way to make
it more accurate is, as far as I know, increasing the number of rows
postgresql samples from each table during the vacuum.

Stefano

Stefano Buliani
Covestor
email: stefano(at)covestor(dot)com
mobile: +44 (0) 7766295328

This message is intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.