AJ1Stmt.setObject()

From: Brian Olson <bql(at)bolson(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AJ1Stmt.setObject()
Date: 2004-04-03 18:44:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I think AbstractJdbc1Statement.setObject(int,Object) needs to know how
to handle Java array types.
Last month someone mentioned the desire for using binary protocols and
I agree. Until then, I'd guess that
setObject( new int[]{1,2,3} )
should do
setString( "{1,2,3}" )

And so on for the other Java primitive types and String. I suppose for
Object[] one would get
"{" + x[0].toString() + "," + x[1].toString() ... "}"
That would match the current setObject behavior of defaulting to the
toString() value.

My problem is that I don't see any other way in jdbc to set array
elements of rows. So, this must be it, though unimplemented here.

I could probably whip this up in a couple hours. I'm looking for feed
back on whether it's the right thing to do.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/