Re: Exporting Tables

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: scene(at)themountainscene(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exporting Tables
Date: 2005-03-09 18:49:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mar 9, 2005, at 12:53 PM, Sean wrote:

> I hope this gets through. This message may show up 3 more times, I
> kept sending it from the wrong address, and I don't want to wait for
> "approval". Sorry, just delete. Anyway, I'm having problem exporting
> tables. I'm using the windows version of 8. If I try to execute
> pg_dump.exe, I get rejected. I'm logged in with admin privileges, so
> I log out and log in under my postgres user name with no admin
> privileges. I still get rejected. The passwords are fine, they work
> logging into pgAdmin III. I've also tried phpPgAdmin, but it won't
> export to an SQL file. CSV is fine, but no SQL. I've edited the
> config.inc.php, but nothing. It seems that exporting a table
> shouldn't be this difficult. Any insight would be appreciated.

You need to run pg_dump.exe with the -U option to specify the correct
database user. If you don't specify -U then it defaults to the Windows
user account name which may not be what you want. If that does not
solve it, copy and paste your terminal session so we can see the input
and the error.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL