Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date: 2021-07-31 08:21:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> 28 июля 2021 г., в 04:39, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> написал(а):
>
> IMO the PG code comments are not an appropriate place for leetspeak creativity.
>
> PSA a patch to replace a few examples that I recently noticed.
>
> "up2date" --> "up-to-date"

FWIW, my 2 cents.
I do not see much difference between up2date, up-to-date, up to date, current, recent, actual, last, newest, correct, fresh etc.
I'm slightly leaning to 1337 version, but this can totally be ignored.

As a non-native speaker I'm a bit concerned by the fact that comment is copied 6 times. For me it's not a single bit easier to read comment then code. If this comment is that important, maybe refactor this assignment into function and document once?

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.