Re: NullPointer error returned from ResultSet.java

From: Jeffrey Duffy <jeff(at)alanne(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Subject: Re: NullPointer error returned from ResultSet.java
Date: 2002-10-11 14:44:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 08:21 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Can you supply me with a test case, and I can debug the driver and see
> what is going on?

I must sheepishly admit that I wrote a pure Java test case and it
didn't break. Then I wrote a JSP test case using the classloader, and
it did not break. Then, finally, I wrote a JSP test case using the
jdbcpool connection pool manager, and bam, it broke. I don't know what
weird interaction the pool manager has with the driver internals (the
exception is being thrown in resultset.next, but who knows), so I guess
I'll have to look deeper into this before I come back to the driver as
the culprit.

Jeff Duffy