Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: taiga(dot)katayama(at)toshiba(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt
Date: 2020-09-10 12:09:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 10 Sep 2020, at 07:54, Taiga KATAYAMA <taiga(dot)katayama(at)toshiba(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> We hope to be incorporated this extension into PostgreSQL as one of
> contrib module, and would like to try to propose to Commit Fest.
> Could you kindly advise me and share your opinion?

FWIW I would like to see fewer modules in contrib rather than gaining more, and
(I can't stress this enough) that's not in any way a comment on the quality or
the usefulness of the extension in question here.

The outside-of-core ecosystem for postgres extensions has been discussed in
various threads lately, and improving that seems a more sustainable solution
than bundling more. That's no doubt a lot easier said than done, but I think
it's extremely important for the community.

cheers ./daniel