Re: help lock record

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: bitrunner <bitrunner(at)katamail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help lock record
Date: 2006-05-24 13:01:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 24-May-06, at 8:49 AM, bitrunner wrote:

> >> I must set up of the parameters to postgresql.conf?
>
> > Yes, you must set this in postgresql.conf
>
> Excuse but this is the parameter that I must set up?

Yes, but be aware, this is not an optimal solution. All kinds of
statements will time out on this.

For instance if you set this to 1000ms then try to do a vacuum it
will likely timeout.

However you can use the set command from java on the connection to
set the timeout per connection

con = Database.getConnection()
stmt = con.getStatement
stmt.execute("set statement_timeout=1000");
do your locking code
con.close()

Dave