Re: Stack not being popped correctly (was: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql lacks generic identifier for record in triggers...)

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PGBugs List <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stack not being popped correctly (was: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql lacks generic identifier for record in triggers...)
Date: 2004-11-25 04:53:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

>> Which, doesn't work as expected as it seems as though there's
>> something
>> left behind on the stack that shouldn't be. Here's the case to
>> reproduce (doesn't involve pgmemcache):
>
>> test=# CREATE FUNCTION t5_func() RETURNS TRIGGER AS 'BEGIN EXECUTE
>> TRUE; RETURN NULL; END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
>
> What are you expecting "execute true" to do?

Behave the same as PERFORM? Ugh, how humiliating. When writing my
pgmemcache presentation, I erroneously wrote EXECUTE instead of
PERFORM. When sending off that little flurry of emails, I was updating
my pgmemcache presentation and subconsciously propagated the error w/o
even thinking about it. :-/ Thanks, I'll take that pumpkin pie on my
face. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden