Re: psqlODBC 8.01.0105 Development snapshot

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psqlODBC 8.01.0105 Development snapshot
Date: 2005-12-19 08:48:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

No. CVS tags must match what is actually released.

> > was done in the past) and if you provided the source code
> somewhere.
> > This is "open source" software after all. And making binary only
> > releases might also be considered a license violation.
>
> I think all patches goes through pgsql-odbc mailing list so if anyone
> would get the source he can. I don't think over a license violation.
> If you think it's license violation I have to remove older dev
> snapshots (it's too time consuming to get source for it) and I'll add
> source code for latest dev snapshot).
>
> What's your opinion?

I think Peter's being a little over cautious. There have been psqlODBC
snapshots released without source releases right back to when Byron was
maintaining it years ago. They are 'official' project snapshots, built
for testing purposes by the primary copyright holders (PGDG) and
released onto the project site which hosts the source repository. AFAICR
I'm the only one who ever did release source tarballs with snapshots.

The easy way to be sure though, is to just zip up the source tree and
upload it with the binaries, or better yet, build a tarball on a Unix
box or in Msys and upload that.

Regards, Dave.