Re: Next development steps?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-15 09:11:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tip == Head (or trunk in subversion). We put all the new code in
head/tip, and keep the stable code in a separate branch.

> I think that we use current stable version as start point for
> development branch. I don't think we could share code between this
> two branches. It doesn't lead to better (readable) code.

I think that should be assessed on a per-patch basis. If there is a bug
that can be fixed in the stable branch with low risk of causing other
problems, then it should be fixed. If it's specific to the new code, or
high risk, then it should only be fixed in head.

> > Can I also assume you expect to be around for a good while
> to work on
> > this ambitious plan? ODBC developers are few and far between, so
> > starting a major project can be quite a commitment for all of us.
>
> Yes. I'm planning this mainly for me (maybe someone join me/us).

Well, it seems that the Pervasive guys are back again, and we've had
offers to help with bug hunting :-)

Regards, Dave.