Re: VARCHAR, CHAR types changed ?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VARCHAR, CHAR types changed ?
Date: 2005-11-25 12:31:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Looks like you are using the unicode version of the driver (-8 is
SQL_C_WCHAR). You could either:

- Change to the ANSI driver, which should never return SQL_C_WCHAR.
- Update your code to handle Unicode data.
- Update your code to recognise SQL_C_WCHAR, but then request SQL_C_CHAR
data instead.

I would plump for the first option, unless you want to support Unicode.

Regards, Dave.