Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John DeSoi" <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Christian Sengstock" <csengstock(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date: 2005-11-19 21:46:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

No, though pgAdmin will look in it's own directory as well. Under the
hood of OSX, in it's BSD roots you'll find it has an executable search
path like DOS/Windows/Unix. You can check the path with something like
"echo $PATH" from a command prompt. What I don't know offhand, is
whether the path has any effect on things started from the Finder, or if
it does, what shell is everything running under (and therefore, what
script should be modified)?

I will check this out when I'm next on my Mac.

> I could not find any information about setting this up in the
> documentation.
>
> BTW, the option to set the file location in OS X using the standard
> file dialog is broken (button with 3 dots next to the path). You
> can't specify a path unless you choose an existing file. Basically,
> an "open" file dialog is used rather than one that allows you to
> specify the path.

And that.

Regards, Dave.