Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation
Date: 2005-11-03 09:57:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: Harald Armin Massa [mailto:haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com]
Sent: 02 November 2005 12:12
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org

Dave,

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>pgagent.exe INSTALL pgAgent -unasenbaer
ERROR: Der Kontenname ist unzulõssig oder nicht vorhanden, oder das Kennwort ist
f³r den angegebenen Kontennamen ung³ltig.

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>pgagent.exe INSTALL pgAgent -u nasenbaer
ERROR: Invalid command line argument

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>

thats a cutout from my commandline.

"ERROR: Der Kontenname ist unzulõssig oder nicht vorhanden, oder das Kennwort ist
f³r den angegebenen Kontennamen ung³ltig." is sth. like "wrong account name"

OK, I've committed a fix to tidy up the space/no space issue. It only occured if the space was included on the last argument supplied. Thanks for the info.

I am not able to supply a valid account name, esp. since I found no way to supply user(at)doman as a username ...

My workaround was to do install without user and password, and to change them in services.msc

I've had no problems using a domain user account with a command line like:

pgagent INSTALL pgAgent -u DOMAIN\user -p FooBar dbname=postgres user=postgres port=5433

user(at)domain syntax is not supported however, but that's down to the Microsoft API, not us.

Regards, Dave.