Re: Problem with inserting data in table through pgAdmin

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "RAAD Umar" <raa(at)dsr(dot)ch>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with inserting data in table through pgAdmin
Date: 2005-09-23 07:02:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of RAAD Umar
Sent: 21 September 2005 09:22
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hello,

I have found something that looks like a bug.

I checked the FAQ and the PG admin website but didn't find any information about it.

I also installed the last available version (1.2.2)

My system:

- Win 2000 SP4 in French + Service rollout

- All patches

- Postgres 8.0.3

- PGAdmin 1.2.2

My problem:

I can't add data in a table of a test database I created through the PGAdmin interface. If I do that I receive a Windows message that tells me:

« pgAdmin3.exe a généré des erreurs et sera fermé par Windows. »

That means in English : "pgAdmin3.exe has caused an error and will be closed by Windows."

The exact description on how I caused the error.

- Standard download and install of the last version of PG 8.0.3 and pgAdmin 1.2.2

- Opening pgAdmin and using it for:

o Creation of the database "TEST"

o Creation of the table "BOOKS"

o Creation of the column "BOOK_ID" (int8)

o Creation of the column "BOOK_TITLE" (text)

o Configuration of the column "BOOK_ID" as primary key

o Going to "Servers" --> "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0" --> "Databases" --> "test" --> "Schemas" --> "Public" --> "Tables" --> "BOOKS"

o Right-clicking on "BOOKS" and selecting "view data"

o Typing a title in "BOOK_TITLE" and a unique number in "BOOK_ID"

o Pressing enter

o CRASH

This error is systematic and happens each time I try to add data this way.

Hello,

Can you test the latest snapshot from http://developer.pgadmin.org/ and let us know if you see the problem with that version as well please?

Regards, Dave