Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
Date: 2005-07-13 10:49:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

From: Anoop Kumar [mailto:anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com]
Sent: 13 July 2005 11:38
To: Dave Page; pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [ODBC] Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc

Hi Dave,

I've added your Makefile to my sources, it eases things a lot
:-).

Thanks - I prefer to be able to compile out of the box with standard
installs.

I figured out the cause of the problem you encountered. In
libpq enabled version, I was using PQgetvalue method for getting the
value from the
PGresult class. PQgetvalue returns an empty string, instead of
a null pointer, for a NULL field. So, the date value is converted to the
current date.
I have just made a workaround for this (and trying for a better
one) and will send you the patch soon.

Great, looking forward to it.

So glad that the first bug is reported by you, Dave!

:-)

Regards, Dave.