Re: Search engine is not working

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Search engine is not working
Date: 2004-06-15 14:14:10
Lists: pgsql-www

A stop-word is one considered so common that searching for it is a
pointless waste of resources, thus it is ignored.

> btw, is now a bad time to post about a discrepancy between
> the search on www and the search on archives? The following
> query looks for the word "weekly" in pgsql-announce list
> restricted to the last month:

That's because they're currently running on different backend databases.
The one on www is using John's server as the search daemon. The one on
archives is using search.postgresql.org (which just can't seem to keep
up with the indexing. It's on my todo list to move archives over to
John's box as well (which despite being on the end of a bit of a damp
piece of string somewhere in the Aussie outback, seems to work quite
well :-) )

/D