Re: Next release

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: 2004-06-06 10:06:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK.

> > - Query builder only works under Windows. Think the bug
> under GTK is
> > deep in wx :-(
>
> A redesign avoiding MDI might be the answer for this.

Yes, unfortunately that probably means rewriting virtually all of it.
Just looking on Windows and it seems one of us has broken it there again
(though it should be easy to roll that back). If I remember correctly,
the bug is in frmQuerybuilder.cpp in

void frmQueryBuilder::OnSize(wxSizeEvent& event)
{
if (this->GetClientWindow() != NULL) {
wxLayoutAlgorithm layout;
layout.LayoutMDIFrame(this);
}
}

which is perfectly fine in itself, the problem being somewhere in
LayoutMDIFrame iirc. Anyway, if you get bored... :-)

> > - Some service control code for local installations on Windows?
>

> IMHO, we should restrict ourselves at some pure extended 7.5
> syntax support, to have the next release out in time.
> pg_dump, pitr, win32 service control and some other stuff are
> additional tools, which we certainly should implement some
> time, but we shouldn't wait for them now.

OK. My time is still limited until December (when I hand in my
dissertation and breath a big sigh of relief), but let me know if
there's anything you want me to look at.

/D