Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Sivakumar K" <sivakumark(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
Cc: <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0
Date: 2005-06-07 12:55:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Past experience shows that 99.99% of users will use the precompiled
binaries we put on the ftp site, and if they are marked beta they will
not generally get used or tested at all (as we found with the Unicode
version of the driver that I had to push to be the primary version
before we saw anyone using it unless they had a very specific need).

I agree that giving the option is sensible for the reason you give,
however I think if anything it will reduce the testing that gets done.

Regards, Dave.