Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX
Date: 2005-04-13 07:44:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

There is no official binary for OSX that I'm aware of - certainly not on
the PostgreSQL ftp site anyway. However, I assume OSX uses a BSD-like
init system, in which case looking for /etc/rc.d/rc.postgresql or
whatever is appropriate would work for the majority of sensibly
configured systems. WRT 4), again, we could just assume that
installations will be in /usr/local/pgsql/data or /var/pgsql/data or
whatever, as appropriate. Last time I tried that code it let me pick
other locations anyway so there shouldn't be any major problems.

> ad 2): Can you click on a saved sql query in windows, and
> it is opened in pgadmin3? If so, I could try to do the same
> for OSX

No you can't. Make it the first new feature on OSX and I'll pledge to
port it to Windows :-)

> ad 3): This is a bug in configure - but I still don't know how to
> fix/workaround this.

Our configure, or PostgreSQLs? Whats the problem exactly?

> ad 5): A friend of mine has an old G4 lying around somewhere - we'll
> try to get it to do nighty builds of pgadmin. Of course, if anyone can
> offer a ssh account on some permanently networkes G5, I'd be happe to
> use that for nightly builds ;-)))

I can't offer a G5, but I can offer an account on developer.pgadmin.org
to upload the results to. Let me know when you're good to go.

Thanks again for your efforts :-)

Regards,Dave.