Re: Question for using PGADMIN

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "gini" <gini(at)suntravel(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question for using PGADMIN
Date: 2005-03-01 08:07:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of gini
Sent: 01 March 2005 05:39
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Question for using PGADMIN

Thank you for your concerning.
I'm running two different SUN server now.
One is Web server for user service and the other is DB server
which runs Postgres DB.
What should I do to access to my Postgres DB using PGAMDIN in
Web server?

Add a new Server in pgAdmin, and enter the appropriate hostname & port
etc. You might need to tweak pg_hba.conf on the server, but I assume
that's at least partway correct is your website uses the database
already.

Or is it impossible to access to Postgres DB remotely?

No, it's perfectly possible - I imagine the vast majority of users work
this way - I certainly do.

Regards, Dave