Re: 500 times slower

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Karol Szkudlarek" <karol(at)mikronika(dot)com(dot)pl>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 500 times slower
Date: 2005-02-09 13:17:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Err, no neither am I. Why do you think it's got something to do with
Nagle/delayed ACKs?

The only thing that instantly rings bells for me is that the max size of
a text field is 8190 bytes at present (which really should be increased,
if not removed altogether), which won't fit in the default buffer. But
then, I wouldn't expect to see the performance drop you describe with a
4096 byte buffer, only one much smaller.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Regards, Dave