Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Mehul Doshi-A20614" <mehul(at)motorola(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open
Date: 2005-01-31 21:21:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hmm, it's possible but not particularly friendly - it would stop any
ongoing user queries (not that there are likely to be many of those in
template1), and the server status window (which periodically selects
from pg_stat_activity among other things). I think it would be nicer for
pgAdmin to give a more helpful error message (in most cases it simply
passes on such messages as they come from the server).

Regards, Dave.