Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things
Date: 2004-12-20 21:08:40
Lists: pgsql-www

There are over 200 mirror providers who are all entitled to a banner.
Adding them or even 25% or so to a single page would be a pita.

I have been toying with the idea of adding some SSI code to the footer
of the new site, and allowing mirrors to enable SSI and include a
non-mirrored file containing their name - resulting in something like:
"Mirror sponsored by: XYZ Widget Corp".

That of course, doesn't help the FTP mirrors...

> Third: Archives again
>
> I know that the person that did the aspseek work for the search engine
> did a LOT of work but I think we should let google handle our
> searching.
> We already do this on techdocs. We also may want to consider this for
> straight docs.

It looks naff imho (or can you know re-skin the results?).

Regards, Dave.