Re: Ready to launch?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ready to launch?
Date: 2004-12-20 16:50:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Sounds good to me.

> As for rolling up, I think we still have a few things that should be
> addressed:
>

> 5) Documentation->FAQ seems fairly busted. Since we have all of the
> language FAQ's working on the current site, I think this needs to be
> straightened out before we go live.

They should be there - the links just need fixing. The problem is that
these are extracted automatically from CVS, so integrating them into the
site properly as the note on that page suggests is not particularly
easy.

> 11) Should the license link in the footer point to the license of the
> website?

Using Omar's reasoning for removing my Privacy Policy link from the
About section (ie. It's to do with the site, not the product), I would
say that the Licence link from the bottom of each page should go
altogether.

That said, the site code is also under the BSD licence (albeit the
standard one, not the PG version) - but does anyone really care about
that? {erhaps it's best left on Gborg.

Which reminds me of a problem - *all* the website in CVS is published
under the BSD licence, however that includes the elephant which Emily
pointed out was a $100 stock photo. Technically that means we cannot use
the elephant...

> 12) Anyone else have an issue with the footer links sometimes
> overlapping the sponser add? I get this alot in the community
> section of
> the website.

My brother pointed that out the other day. He's a web developer by trade
so has a bunch of browsers to hand, and determined that of those he had,
only Firefox 0.9 seemed to be affected. 1.0 seems to be fine (that's
what I run).

Does that tie in with your system?

WRT the other items, are they on the todo? Can you add them and mark the
showstoppers if not please?

Regards, Dave.