Re: RFC: Update wizard

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: Update wizard
Date: 2004-11-21 22:50:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yeah, that's the downside. On some apps I've used on Windows, it's nice get have the app download a new version of itself, and spawn a new process to move the new version into place and run it. Makes it all seamless and very slick. Doesn't fit in well with Linux packaging schemes though does it :-(

Regards, Dave.