Re: Access and PG ODBC problem

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access and PG ODBC problem
Date: 2004-10-05 14:32:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of
anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com
Sent: 05 October 2004 15:19
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Access and PG ODBC problem

Hi Dave,
Is the MSI script available somewhere so I could build my own
installer?

Yes, it's in the CVS on GBorg.

The latest snapshot is a lot more stable than the Nov 2003
stable release and i will need the version that does not have the OID
issue to continue with my Access/Postgresql rollout.

Any reason why you are using MSI instead of something like Inno
Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.com)?

MSI is what Microsoft support these days - it allows packaging into
merge modules for easy inclusion in other packages, and installation are
easily scriptable.

I would be willing to maintain a snapshot installer if you need
some extra help.

Well I have been meaning to port the installer from Wise for Windows to
Wix if you'd like to look at that and take over it's maintenance. Wix
(wix.sf.net iirc) is Microsoft's first open source project and allows
you to build MSI files from XML code. It will also decompile existing
MSI files which should definately give you a head start.

Regards, Dave.